Rating: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Recommended age: 8 year-old ++
Who would love this: Kids and adults that love board game with COOL theme and components!
Block Ness by Blue Orange had been at the TOP of my wish list for a while ever since I saw it in social media. I was instantly drawn by the unique Loch Ness Monster theme and the vibrancy of colours. So when Leisure Learning agreed to send me one for review, I leapt up in JOY. 😊
Why I love ❤️ this game:
(1) Super Cool Theme- The set comes with a “mysterious” blue pegboard symbolises the well-known Scotland freshwater lake, 4 “monsters” (in orange, purple, black and green) comprising of 10 separate body parts, a head and a tail. The objective of the game is to place as many monster pieces on the board as possible. Each segments are slightly different in length and height. Players can “elongate” your monster by connecting the next piece using 6 specific points adjacent to the head or tail. The head or tail would then be moved to the new added segment. The player with the least pieces remaining in their reserve wins the game. I love the smart theme that goes well with the tactic of lengthening the size of famous lake monsters.
(2) Super Cool Components- I love how visually appealing the game components are. The 3D effect presented by the raising pieces resemble long monsters having part of their bodies emerging out of the lake. I love how easy it is to connect the pieces onto the pegboard.
(3) Easy Rules + Tactically Fun- The rules are easy to follow. I love how it encourages strategising and promotes rules-following at the game table. Block Ness has a few “placement rules”; for example, players are not allowed to place the pieces diagonally, and they are not allowed to place a new segment underneath another (but a newly added piece can “cross over” almost all segments apart from a piece with the opponents’ head or tail attached). The rules are not difficult, but playing the game can be tricky and full of tactics. I love that this game is entertaining for both young kids and adults.
(4) Short Game- This is a relatively quick game (lasting 10 to 15 minutes each round). The fewer the players, the smaller the game board territory that we are allowed to use.
(5) Great Storage Box- I also love the neat and organised storage box with four compartments for each monster.
# gifted in exchange for review
Where to Buy This:
Enjoy the video!!!