Rating: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Recommended age: 3 - 6 year-old
Why do I love ❤️ this kit:
(1) Interesting Activity Kit- The ultimate kit comes with 8 sets of “Six Bricks”, Duplo unique items (such as a cool alligator, tortoise, panda, Duplo characters, wheels etc), 5 emotions bricks, two baseplates, instructions cards for 40 activities, pegs, dice, pipe-cleaners, two “pop-it” fidget toys, activity “mats”, all snugly packed in a sturdy yellow box. The kit focuses on the “Six Bricks” method (ie using 6 of the 2x4 stud bricks) to accomplish various play objectives whilst training up gross and fine motor skills, memory, imagination and other developments. I find the simple and mess-free method inspiring and stimulating.
(2) Using Duplo in New Ways- I never thought of using Duplo in any other way apart from building and constructing. Yay4Play shared with us many wonderful activities that can train up one’s fine motor movement. Our three-year-old grinned from ear to ear carrying bricks around using a laundry peg. We also built up a mini tower by balancing the bricks side-way, played toss-and-catch, held bricks using specific fingers etc.
(3) Games & Activities- I love the various activities that stimulate creativity and imagination. We love designing a maze using baseplates and bricks, building a bridge that spans across two chairs, copying patterns, inventing characters using emotion bricks and decorating them with pipe cleaners. There is also a “coding game” where we can assign each colour brick to a letter to form our “secret word”.
(4) Mathematics & Counting- I love the mathematics oriented games such as addition and subtraction bingo using dice, diagrammatical mat game using call-out instructions. We also love the smart fidget toys with colourful rainbow popping numbers from 1 to 10 marked in numerals, dots, and words.
(5) Membership - You can also gain access to membership of the Yay4Play Club that gives you ongoing online learning videos and guides.
# gifted in exchange for review
Where to buy this:
Enjoy the video!