Nature/ Type: Glow-in-the-dark magnetic rods
Rating: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Recommended age: 3 year-old ++ (I would recommend supervised play for any kids under 5)
Who would love this: Kids and adults who enjoy building/ construction related toys (especially one that glows in the dark!)
I love iconic architecture and I’m fascinated with structural designs that can stand up to the test of time. I LOVE construction toys, especially those that can demonstrate engineering principles in delightful way! We received this Geomag Glow (60 Pcs) recently, and I’m super stoked to test out this smartly-designed toy!
Why I love ❤️ this toy:
(1) Build Exciting Structures - It’s fascinating to discover the building possibilities using just 28 spheres, 28 magnetic rods, and 4 plastic bases in square and pentagonal (illustrative guidance sheet included). That’s our basic structural elements: foundation, skeleton frame, and connectors. Each of the bar has magnets positioned on both ends, and can be joined together with angle adjustments using the steel spheres. First, lay out the flat “foundation” with 2D geometric shape (rhombus, trapezoid, pentagon, or basic square etc), before building vertically upwards into something more structurally complex such as a tetrahedron (triangular pyramid), octahedron, hexahedron (cube), or dodecahedron (of 12 “surfaces”). We can also create unique structures with special characteristics, and I love the strong magnetic strength!
(2) GLOW In The Dark - The kids are thrilled with the “glow in the dark” feature! The pale green rods can absorb and accumulate energy when exposed to a light source. Once the surrounding turns dark, the sticks glow brightly in sharp mysterious (and Halloween-feel) green!
(3) 100% Recycled Plastic - The product is made of 100% recycled plastic, and the packaging is made with over 70% recycled materials. The magnetic rods attain their beautiful glow using 100% natural substances. I love that Geomag is made in Switzerland and is environmentally friendly!
(4) Explore Magnetic Polarity - The set allows kids to explore the magic of polarity. It’s captivating to see how the bars and spheres interact with each other with embedded magnetism and invisible force!
(5) Organised Storage Cases I also love the compact and compartmentalised plastic storage cases that keep all the rods and spheres neatly
Geomag Glow comes in sets of 25, 42 and 60 pieces (in other words, this toy is full of potential to expand!)
# gifted in exchange for review
Where to buy this:
https://www.geomagworld.com/en/classic/glow/ (Geomag Website)
Enjoy the video!