Rating: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Recommended age: 2 year-old ++
Who would love this: Kids and adults with BIG imagination and LOVE for building
If you have been following my reviews for a while, you probably have seen my posts about KAPLA - a construction set consisting of wooden planks, all precisely crafted in the ratio of 15:3:1. We love the natural timber and minimalistic design. But I also love the occasional pop of colours that accentuates the aesthetic expression of the structures. Today, I’m going to share about “KAPLA Book and Colours Set: Green + Yellow”, kindly gifted by Kapla (Australia) .
Why I love ❤️ this set:
(1) 40 Coloured Planks (Green + Yellow) - KAPLA is engaging and holds the curiosity of kids as young as two. It also mesmerises the community of KAPLA builders worldwide with its unlimited potential and incredulous wonder! We love to test out the “impossible”, experiment and search for that right “balance”, and watch the unexpected magic when science of engineering meets the charm of visual arts. This set comes with 40 coloured planks in two colours: 20 in olive green and 20 in mustard yellow. I love the “softness” of the colours, the mellow feel that matches and enhances the light timber shade of the original KAPLA planks beautifully.
(2) Hard-Cover Art Book - We love the hard-cover art book and the inspiring building ideas! My personal favourite is the sea turtle with touch of lovely green and yellow, and the very majestic-looking shell structure that spirals harmoniously upwards in descending size. I also love the “man of messy hair” - gigantic figure with an adorably confusing expression, sitting on a wooden stool. We enjoyed building the unique house on stilts (talk about gravity defying challenge!), a building with slender and pointy roof spire, an enormous butterfly, and other original and unseen-before models in green / yellow colour theme!
(3) Cardboard Display Box - I LOVE the cleverly-designed cardboard display box with flexible sleeve for the art book and planks. I love how compact, light weight, organised the packaging and storage is.
(4) Quality & Sustainable Material - KAPLA planks are made from natural and 100% untreated pinewood, ethically sourced from sustainable and renewable forests in Landes, the south west of France. The coloured planks are dyed using food-safe colouring, top notch in quality and craftsmanship.
# gifted in exchange for review
Where to buy this:
Check out my other reviews on KAPLA:
- KAPLA & Colours Set - Blue + Art Book
- KAPLA Book and Colours Set - Red + Orange
- KAPLA 200 Box: 200 Natural Planks