Rating: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Recommended age: 8 year-old ++
Who would love this: Sudoku fans, and collectors of wooden / classic puzzles
Sudoku used to be my go-to game for every gaps and breaks; it is stimulating, unstoppable, frustrating; it requires patience, perseverance, and sometimes, a super methodical mind that I’m obviously lacking. It’s a forgotten passion of mine, and I’m grateful that it has been reignited recently, thanks to Funyards Australia! Today, I’m going to talk about this kindly gifted, beautifully-made Wooden Sudoku - a must-have for any Sudoku enthusiast.
Why I love ❤️ this set:
(1) Sudoku in 3D Wooden Form - I have done printable Sudoku on paper, beat-the-clock online Sudoku, and daily newspaper version. But a Sudoku in 3D wooden form? This is a FIRST and I’m completely intrigued! The Wooden Sudoku comes in a gorgeous board of 9x9 grid with drilled holes, and 81 pegs. Each of the puzzle piece (the peg) features a same number (1 to 9) in black and red on opposite ends, which makes the setting-up and solving of the puzzles visually easier and clearer. The physical, tangible pegs help players to keep track and cross-check the numbers. They also help us to focus on the logical sequence of the moves, and have oversight of the entire grid in a more visible way.
(2) Sudoku Puzzles Included - The set also includes an instruction sheet and 4 Sudoku puzzles in four different levels (easy, medium, hard, and very hard), together with the solutions. Of course, we can always challenge ourselves with different Sudoku puzzles (which can be easily obtainable from online resources these days). It’s a bliss to set up the challenge (insert the pegs and arranged them according to the pattern as indicated), and extremely addictive to solve (fill out the rest of the cells using the remaining numbered pegs so that each row, column and quadrant contains all the digits from 1 to 9 without repetition). This is a classic, timeless brain game that would never go out of style!
(3) Handcrafted Wooden Puzzle Set - I love the handcrafted wooden material, its durability, and that inimitable rustic beauty. I love that the base can be flipped over and used as a lid to keep all the items (pegs and instruction sheet) neatly stored inside a portable box. This delightful set deserves a place in any puzzle-loving home.
# gifted in exchange for review
Where to buy this:
Check out the reviews of other similar wooden classic games and puzzles from Funyards Australia:
- Tic-Tac-Toe XO-5, By Funyards Australia
- Numbers Sort Brainteaser, By Funyards Australia
- Makruk Chess, By Funyards Australia
- Slide 15, By Funyards Australia
- Spinning Top Roulette, By Funyards Australia
- Snakes and Ladders, By Funyards Australia
Enjoy the video!