Rating: ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Recommended age: 3 year-old ++
Who would love this: Playdough lovers
I remember those sessions of colourful creations during childhood using factory-made playdough bought from stores - messy and sticky, a little pungent, dry and crunchy within a day or two once out of sealed packages. Being a mumma myself today, I can completely understand the ambivalent attitude of many parents when it comes to playdough. We discovered soon the magic of homemade playdough, the toxic-free and natural sort that gives us peace of mind. I had my initial doubt trying out the Mideer borax-free clay I wasn’t too sure what to expect from another factory-manufactured clay, but boy, it sure felt different from my childhood-memory’s one!
Why I love ❤️ this toy:
(1) Borax-Free - The ingredients are listed in mandarin as these - “Water (水), Microspheres (微球), synthetic glue (合成糊剂), eco-friendly pigments 环保颜料.” I am no expert in playdough, but from the listed ingredients, the clay is probably nothing as natural as the homemade kind. I did some research on what “borax-free” means. According to Google, borax is an ingredient commonly found in household cleaning products, and a popular item to produce squishy and stretchy slime. It can be lethal if ingested, but the risk is apparently lower once it’s diluted in water and glue, but it’s definitely not zero risk. Borax is sometimes inserted in factory-made playdough to keep it fresher for a longer period. Mideer clay is made of Crerax technology with formulae to ensure the clay is both stretchable and completely boron-free.
(2) Non-Sticky - So how’s the texture like without borax as cross-linking agent? It’s impressive! The clay is non-sticky, mess-free, stretchable like what we usually found at the top of pizza, and extremely easy to clean up. It feels like somewhere in between slime and playdough; it’s lightweight, and easy to form shapes and structures.
(3) No Pungent Smell - It’s odourless.
(4) Awesome Bright Colours - The colours are bright, exciting, and made of eco-friendly pigments.
(5) Storage Box + Tools - I love the plastic storage box, five tools, and the graphic instructions (love the rainbow!).
This is an (unexpectedly) good product, probably can’t compare to the purity of homemade types, but a good product nonetheless.
# gifted in exchange for review
Where to buy this:
Enjoy the video!